Thursday, January 5, 2012

COOPER'S DOGGY COOKIES


I'M AN AUNTY!!!! ....Well, to a fur baby that is. My brother and sister In law finally got their puppy after a looooong wait. He is just the cutest little fluff ball, I reckon he'd fit in a teapot!

To celebrate Cooper's arrival, I baked him a special doggy treat...COOPER COOKIES thanks to Martha Stewart's Dog biscuit recipe on her website.



I did tweek the recipe a bit... I replace wheat germ with rolled oats, and instead of liquid stock I used 2 teaspoons of powdered chicken stock. I also added a Tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese and instead of the oil and to make up for the lack of liquid from the stock I used 2 free range eggs. Then I mixed some more powdered sock with another egg and brushed the biscuits so they browned nicely and were irrisistable for a little doggy.


 Here's the link to Martha's recipe: Homemade Dog Biscuits.

Harrison and I delivered the cookies to Cooper. We think they did the trick because Harrison had him won-over the minute we walked in the door and the two of them chased each other around the floor and drooled on one another until they were both exhausted.

 "This little fluffy thing is great fun mum!"


"Hmmm, those bikkies are good are they Cooper? Glad you like them. Do you mind if I just try a little piece...?" (Yes, mummy intervention was required)

Martha actually has lots of lovely pet crafts on her site, Cooper is going to be a very well-off dog on his birthdays and Christmases. 

- xoxox Pinky

1 comment:

cam86 said...

Lucky puppy & Harrison looks good in his new pants I gave him. They must be having such a ball together!